1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Feb 13, 2023.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

There's apparently a tradition here in a long line of stupid high school traditions where the seniors for a day chase each other through town, armed with water pistols. I had not heard of this supposed well-publicized stunt 'til this year, but I am sure that our well-armed and paranoid citizenry has.

So it's all good.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

My niece broke her ankle at a trampoline park during one of my other niece's birthday parties. My sister's family (the ones in the crash) had an in-ground trampoline at their place that was very popular with the cousins and the kids' friends.

3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

LMAO!

4. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I was told in torts class that very few lawyers had pools or trampolines.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

My attorney friend still delights in calling an ex-boyfriend an “attractive nuisance.”

Michael_ Gee, MileHigh and Tighthead like this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I worked in a town where that was a thing. We decided we couldn't do a story on it because it would kill the tradition.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

More than a few schools have done TAG (the assasination game), sometimes morphed into some less threatening Zombie game (still with guns) - seems to have "died down" in recent years for some reason. :confused:

justgladtobehere likes this.
  8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

The thing in our town is to get water guns and fill them with Orbeez and shoot it at people at school. The district and local police sent a letter home to parents and held a presser outside the station.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Steelers have some history of focusing on bloodlines, acquiring children of former players and brothers of current ones. They had two Edmunds brothers. T.J. Watt's brother Derek played for them the last few years. Last year, they drafted Cam Heyward's brother Connor, who became a contributor later in the season. Joey Porter, Jr. wasn't the only draft pick this year with family ties to the team. They signed guard Nate Herbig in the offseason, then drafted his brother Nick in the fourth round.

I have seen criticism from fans for this, thinking that it was nepotism over getting better players in the cases of Derek Watt and Connor Heyward, but Mike Tomlin posted some of the reasons why the team does like having pairs of brothers.

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted