1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I was told there would be no CRT

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

upload_2023-5-4_22-52-24.jpeg

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

As a white male writer, I’d have liked the window to not shut on me and my opinions simply because my forebears were largely racist, paternalistic, misogynistic assholes. Alas, I had to improvise, adapt, overcome (and get outta the industry); and instead of being paid for my opinions, I had to give them away on a messageboard for free.

Ce la vie.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Christmas trees and gas stations for everyone!

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

We haven't seen anything yet. The culture wars, already well under way, have moved to abortion. Since the GOP gained the supermajority back, the Party Of No Government is going to manipulate everything it can get its grubby hands on and Roy Cooper is going to eat as many sh_t sandwiches as the GOP can crank through its disgusting political machine.

It will get worse.

Driftwood and franticscribe like this.
  7. Sam Mills 51

No gas stoves?

8. Sam Mills 51

Please ... no one waste their breath telling her that she was fully endorsing the turds who were championing these causes. Or is she still busy telling everyone she can how much of a Christian she is?

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah. I have all kinds of Confederate ancestors. My father's people were South Georgia farmers, and I don't mean planters. Some of them probably owned slaves if they could afford them.

Mostly they had about twelve kids and worked them.

Wasn't me. Can't change it. Not proud of it. Mama's family had a bunch of Union soldiers.

I'm me, not them.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Kind of ironic that the supporters of Clarence Thomas, who don’t believe that racism exists in any form, immediately condemn the stories about his ethical breaches as racial attacks.

Last edited: May 5, 2023
    Neutral Corner, wicked and Slacker like this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

It’s the Anita Hill situation all over again. He gets shown for what he is and then quickly pivots to a “you’re lynching me!” defense.

One time I’ll sarcastically say “Thanks, Biden!”

The entire Thomas era is kinda his fault.He could’ve Borked him. Teddy Kennedy forced to sit out an attack with his drunken escapades putting him on the sideline, but Biden was given all the ammo to take him down and didn’t do it.

OscarMadison and wicked like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted