1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Somebody will have to explain to me the gas stove thing. I’ve had both. I don’t care which. They both, you know, heat things.

Perhaps there are real reasons to be upset. I’m willing to be persuaded.

But of all the things I don’t give a fuck about, this might be the I don’t give the fuckiest.

TigerVols likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

We always had options, even if the option was Old Milwaukee. Or airplane liquor bottles, which was a bad night for me.

Got out in the mid-80s.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

When I replaced some of the appliances as I was putting together the house after buying and before moving in, I went with a cooktop. My uncle down the street, who cooks plenty, has one. My mother, who almost never cooks, went with gas, but I'm prone to think it's because it's fashionable, not because she was suddenly motivated to start doing anything in a kitchen she doesn't have to. The cooktop is easier to clean – even if you spill and/or make a mess, one needs only a scrub pad, some baking soda a dishwashing liquid and occasionally some heat to clean up the problem – no issue with stuff falling in slots, and frankly, have any of us ever heard of someone's house catching fire or exploding because of cooktop issues?

But, similar to Deskgrunt50, how gas stoves turned into one of their stupid talking points is so fitting. They live to find the dumbest hills to die on. Maybe they just needed something else to gripe about in addition to Hunter Biden's laptop, the border and Hillary.

Deskgrunt50 and Driftwood like this.
  5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

We're flying with our own wings. Alis Volat Propriis.

California Cooler?

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Right ... because no MAGAsshat ever went after Nancy Pelosi about age, Rachel Maddow about her sexual preference or AOC about, well, almost anything, but especially because she once dance on a rooftop.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Don't get your hopes up. A Trump third-party run might well result in no candidate getting 270 electoral votes. Then it's thrown to the state legislatures. Guess which party controls the most? It's also a simple majority and if you don't think the GOP-dominated state legislatures wouldn't go all in for Trump you've got another thing coming.

Driftwood likes this.
  9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Which states would Trump capture to prevent Biden from reaching 270?

Fred siegle likes this.
  10. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Given how much Thomas was lavished by GOP megadonors - I really wonder if he was selling his votes. Hinting that he might flip if he wasn't treated better. There is no other reason for a "strict Constitutionalist" to require so much care and feeding - and expensive tokens of appreciation.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A theory I heard that makes sense is that Thomas was/is being bribed not to resign to get rich quick in private practice. When Democrats have the White House, his price goes up.

Draft saved Draft deleted