1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Yeah, the crowd that goes to Avondale (or drinks a Spring Street Saison) doesn’t have much Venn diagram overlap with the Nooge’s true believers. Let him go play a flea market on Sand Mountain, where the ticket buyers won’t be scared/trigger happy because they saw a black person while walking back to their F350.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Seems like a big thing.

garrow and Neutral Corner like this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Shit, *I* drink Spring Street Saison, and it's damn good. It'll kick your ass, too.

Avondale brings in some legit artists, and that outdoor venue gets packed out. Couple of food trucks at the curb, good local brew, sunshine, live music, what more do you want? Government Mule plays there in a couple of weeks. Nickel Creek, Ryan Adams, Jason Isbell upcoming.

Birmingham isn't as bright red as the rest of the state. UAB is an extremely multicultural school. Lots of liberal millenials and younger in the downtown area.

Last edited: May 5, 2023
    I Should Coco and OscarMadison like this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Fuggem.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Mine, in 1974, was the 7 oz. pony Millers. Even if you didn't like the taste of beer much, you could suck one down before it got hot. As noted above, "Whatever you can get hold of" was also very high on the list.

When I was a senior in high school I kept a half pint of Southern Comfort under the front seat when it was cold out.

Inky_Wretch and Driftwood like this.
  8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Been around the world and I, I, I
    I can't find my ethics
    I don't know when, I don't know why
    Why they've gone away
    And I don't know where they can be, my Ginni

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia ... the usual suspects. It's not like Biden won those going away. If the House Dems continue sabotaging the economy, who know what will happen? They'll do everything they can to make trainwrecks of the economy, the border, the fentanyl crisis and guns, then stand there holding an empty gas can and a smoking match and claim it's Biden's fault.

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

But how would Trump win those as a third party? No Biden voter is going that way. Trump would split the righty vote.

Also, I don't think you meant House Dems are sabotaging the economy, since they're not in charge.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

My point is that if no one gets 270, it doesn't matter who was first, second or third. The state legislatures can vote for any of the candidates. They will caucus and each state gets one vote. Essentially, all Trump has to do is keep Biden under 270. If he does that, it doesn't matter if Trump won 200, 100 or 10 electoral votes. He's in the mix and who knows what the yahoos will do.

Draft saved Draft deleted