1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

For reasons I still can't quite fathom, my wife and I watched A Million Little Things to the end. The end was just relentlessly, emotionally manipulative.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Isn't the white detective from "Law and Order" the guy from "Burn Notice?"

"The Diplomat" on Netflix is outstanding.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Yes he is. Had to look it up to confirm as I haven’t watched it since Orbach.

4. outofplace

I just hope that gets us a Bruce Campbell cameo.

garrow likes this.
  5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

So, what do we think of the Barry time jump?

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Jeffrey Donovan. It's crazy how actively "meh" he is in both shows to me. Like, Burn Notice is worse than other shows of its era to me, and it's because he has zero charisma as the star. The show is still kind of watchable though, thanks to the supporting cast and the premise. (And the elephant in the room is that throwing Bruce Campbell in as the lead makes it all way better.)

Lt.Drebin likes this.
  7. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Pretty trippy but I liked it. I think Barry is best when it takes risks, it doesn’t intend to be realistic. I haven’t listened to the latest podcast but I think Hader felt like the LA scene was getting stale for the show.

Incidentally he won’t be doing more episodes of his Ringer podcast until the WGA strike is over.

8. outofplace

It was always one of those shows I'd watch if I happen to stumble upon it, but would never bother to watch every episode. You hit on why I was surprised to see him on Law and Order. He just isn't particularly good.

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I liked it too, but I feel like there’s a lot of explaining to do and not a lot of time to do it.

The actress who plays Sally gets annoying sometimes, but she killed it last night. That’s the first time in a while I’ve cared about her character.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Didn't like the time jump at all (didn't find it believable and miss NoHo Hank) but I think the actress who plays Sally is really talented.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Season 3 of The Great starts this Friday. Had no idea. The two leads are fantastic

justgladtobehere likes this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Ha, Burn Notice is one of my all-time favorite shows. Great writing, great guest-casting, but yeah Westen is blah.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted