1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Georgia will visit here instead.

Seriously, I can't believe a team that is probably 60-70% Black would have a problem visiting the White House and a Democrat president. It would be interesting to see who really made the decision.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

First question to Trump:

"Sir, you lost the 2020 election to Joe Biden --- let me repeat that --- you LOST the 2020 election to Joe Biden. And the margin was rather substantial --- 74 electoral votes and more than 7 million in the popular vote.
    "Why do you believe this election will turn out differently?"

Isn't the scheduling odd? Alabama went in April. LSU and Clemson went in January, almost immediately after they won.

This invitation is for mid-June, and only after a bunch of prodding. Aren't the players off campus at home visiting family for a while before camp starts?

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

How much is due to timing and how much is due to it being a repeat champion?

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

But they didn't go the year before (as Alabama didn't in 2020) because of COVID protocols.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The timing is weird. UConn men and LSU women will visit later this month for winning basketball titles. But the Georgia visit was going to be part of a “College Athlete Day" so <shrug>.

Also, are players allowed to leave campus and have fun these days? I thought "voluntary" workouts were held all summer.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Pretty sure you've D_B'd multiple things this morning.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I've only posted twice and I went back five or six pages checking first.

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I know I've seen the Trump 1,450 pages thing and the Colo. school board. But who knows. Maybe I saw them on Twitter and am conflating it with here.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

June IS a weird time for a football visit to the White House. I know they have done the Fall, Winter, Spring stuff where all the NCAA champs roll through at various times - but i would have thought you do it around the start or end of Spring practices for football.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Boards of Ed are the backdoor into politics.

wicked and Liut like this.
  12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

From what I read, the Georgia thing was a scheduling issue, not a let's go Brandon issue.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted