1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I think I might have to put a wager on Santos in the Celeb Death Pool, died-by-own-hand category

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

That's a dunce cap with ground-up lighting in the background.

OscarMadison and Azrael like this.
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I note the poorly applied Max Factor #22 Egyptian theatrical pancake as well.

Gotta learn to feather that stuff into the hairline; contour some blush on the cheekbones; and finish with a flat neutral powder.

OscarMadison and gingerbread like this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I would think as a preliminary to any and all additional charges it should be presumed he's been living and conducting business and contractual transactions under fabricated identities, setting up adding-machine dng ding ding ding of thousands of separate additional infractions

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The Cosmetics Manufacturers Association has obtained a writ of permanent restraint prohibiting me (or any of my agents or representatives) from ever applying any makeup of any brand on this ugly mug.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You summed it up well. They targeted him, and then when they went to see what they could tack on to the indictment. ... because of who he is, they didn't have to dig too far to add more charges.

For example, there was so much fraud with regard to those Covid relief programs, and a gazillion people who milked it for $$ will fly under the radar and never be targeted. But because of the target he has on his back, they went looking, and they tacked a charge on to him for falsely claiming to be unemployed due to the pandemic to collect the pandemic unemployment benefit when they found that he wasreceiving regular deposits to his bank account from an investment firm he had said he was employed by at a $120K salary.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

8. The Big Ragu

Re: Santos and Congress, the charge is that he lied to Congress to on his financial disclosure forms when he said he earned $750,000 in salary from a firm he owned, had received between $1 million and $5 million in dividends from that firm, and had a checking account with a balance of more than $100,000 and a savings account with a balance of more than $1 million. It's sort of an odd charge, because most of the time when people are accused of financial disclosure violations it is because they withheld assets. In this case, they are saying that none of what he disclosed is actually true.

gingerbread likes this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah yeah boo hoo. They targeted him -- whoever he is.

Don't forget, he's guilty. Of everything.

10. The Big Ragu

My point was that he is such a slime, that it was really easy to find other things to add on once they decided to target him. They often do that to try to put the screws on someone, even when the additional charges are specious. In this case, they didn't have to look very far or dig too hard to be able to add charges on to the indictment. He's like Pepe Le Pew with stink beyond the immediate stink wafting behind him.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This is absolutely The Producers in real life. If Santos hadn't been elected to Congress, he could've kept on his con man existence untroubled unless he was dumb enough to get in dutch with the IRS. Also, I think it's a cinch he soon fakes his own death, to be found a year or so later tending bar in some beach town.

12. The Big Ragu

He was a nickel and dime grifter before getting himself elected to Congress. He looked to have always been one day away from being evicted from his apartment over the prior several years, and his grifts that have come out don't look like they were for big money.

Being a congressman graduated him to something way bigger that was going to net him real money. So while I get what you're saying about how putting himself in the public eye was his undoing, it was also really the source of his doing.

gingerbread likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted