1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

The life of George Anthony Devolder Santos is insured for a surprisingly large amount.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Hey, enough with the DBs! :D

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

From what I've seen, Azrael has surged past Neutral in being the SJ d_b king. Azrael also posts the same thing on multiple threads, which is also irritating. Pick a thread, dude.

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

There have been liars, cheats, crooks, con men, and grifters in government going back to Mesopotamia. The difference is they were smart enough do it under the radar and not get caught.
    Trump emboldened people like Santos and many others to think they could do it out in the open. It's just now starting to catch up to him, but by that time they were already in the game.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

There are worse things that could happen than national politics not being intertwined with popular culture. Aren’t sportsball visits to the White House just a Nixon invention anyway?

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Habba Dabba Doo lost her mind on CNN today.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

bruh

9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I've been looking at political corruption cases from the last few years and the dumb things people write in emails or just say is astounding.

sgreenwell and garrow like this.
  10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The hook was the first charge where the advisor was looking to save her skin. Everything else is gravy. As you said, I’m sure many, many others played fast and loose with the Covid UI payments. But once they had evidence of this, it makes sense to add it on. I’m still curious as to how he got his money in the first place.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Not a Nixon invention but he made it much more an organized and regular deal and made it a promotional deal for the administration

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted