1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Feb 13, 2023.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You may ask yourself, “Why was this tweet necessary?”

You will be completely unsurprised to learn that the answer is “Danny Snyder and the Washington Football Team.”

Colts' Irsay warns teams about contact with Luck

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Washington fans have had to eat a lot of shit during the Snyder era, so for them I am happy that him and his mongrel brood are selling the team. What a unbelievable skidmark that guy has been.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 10, 2023
  5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

My bad. My reading comprehension failed me.

7. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

2023 season opener: Detroit at Kansas City

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Bills at Jets on MNF on Sept. 11.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's the Lions' first game at Arrowhead since 2003. For some reason they played in Detroit in 2007 and 2011, the 2015 game was in London instead of KC, and then they cycled back to Detroit in 2019.

poindexter likes this.
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

"A GAME 20 YEARS IN THE MAKING!"

Now that we have the Commanders and the Chiefs - shouldn't they play an annual game for the COMMANDER IN CHIEF trophy?

Baron Scicluna, HanSenSE and Batman like this.
  11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The schedule was changed in 2002 when Houston joined the league and teams in each division had travel "partners" that were determined alphabetically.

In the AFC West, it was Denver-Kansas City and Oakland-San Diego.

But if you were matched up with the AFC West, that would result in two trips to the West Coast. So after the first cycle ended in 2009, the travel partners in the AFC West were changed. Now it's Denver-Oakland/Las Vegas and Kansas City-San Diego/L.A.

Lions played at Kansas City in 2003 then in Detroit in 2007. The alignments got switched up so the Chiefs went to Detroit in 2011 and the 2015 game was a Chiefs home game in London, then back to Detroit in 2019.

The switch caused some goofiness. Arizona, Atlanta and Carolina all went 12 years between games in Denver.

Batman likes this.
  12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Everyone does one but this is pretty good

Draft saved Draft deleted