1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Big night for CNN. Will it be a Trump infomercial or will he get the tough questions he hasn’t faced in years?

I think this is a pretty terrible idea, regardless.

And if I hear his situation described as “baggage” one more time, I’ll lose my fucking mind. He led an insurrection against the United States. That’s not fucking “baggage.”

gingerbread, wicked, garrow and 3 others like this.
  2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

cool

coolcoolcool

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Goin great

4. Slacker

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

What?

doctorquant and Regan MacNeil like this.
  6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

What?

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Reporters aren't going to ask the questions. It will be members of the audience of 400 either registered Republicans or independents who say they lean Republican. In other words, it's gonna be, "Mr. Burns, er, Trump, your campaign has the momentum of a runaway freight train. How do you explain that?"

Regan MacNeil likes this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Her family members are doing her a deep disservice by not taking away the proverbial car keys. It’s one thing to work through disabilities but you can’t show up acting like Aunt Bethany in Christmas Vacation.

9. Slacker

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

When I lived in North Nowhere, there was a pretty well-known joke about Quintin Burdick, a senator who served from 1960-92. He was enfeebled near the end.

The joke was, he and his wife were out for dinner in DC. His wife gave her order, at which point that waiter asked, "And what for the vegetable?"

"He'll have the steak," the wife replied.

Sounds like Feinstein. Almost a "Weekend at Bernie's" scenario.

MileHigh and maumann like this.
  11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Certainly CNN is picking the people who ask questions and they know what they are. It would be insanity otherwise.

And Collins should have the room to push back on all the obvious lies he’s going to tell.

If it’s as you describe then it’s already a disgrace and CNN will just be another Fox Angertainment.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I really don't know why it is seen as taboo to play the ageism card. Whether its Feinstein or anyone else. If someone can't serve their constituents adequately - they should step down.

Draft saved Draft deleted