1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

He woulda slapped her if he thought he could get away with it. I hope he cracks next time.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I would be willing to pay admission to a silo where I didn’t hear from Team MAGA on the regular. Anybody got a brochure?

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Pelosi kinda did a few years back, although there was a table In between them. The photo of her pointing at him while he had a dumb look on his face was priceless.

matt_garth and Liut like this.
  5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

That’s why I don’t buy the idea that Trump lacks restraint. He could’ve easily snapped with Hillary or Pelosi or Collins or whomever. He knows the line and he gets up to the very edge of it without going over. How do you think he’s avoided prison for 50 years? I’m not saying he’s a smart guy. He’s got some street smarts, though. The second anyone with more power throws fire at him, he turtles. That’s why he won’t debate Biden in 2024 if he gets the nomination, because he’ll be coming at things from a position of weakness.

6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Like what the American presidency has become, hero worship inside a half-assed rotisserie league.

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

So if I'm on a bass boat and shoot some guy on another boat in the lake, will the headline read that I'm a Navy veteran seeing as how I was a bridgewing sniper and on the security force?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I've been places where simple honorifics Mr. Fart/Mrs. Fart would not be granted if the person was convicted.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I would be surprised if the headline went into that kind of detail. People shoot each other all the time, Navy veterans and otherwise. Lots of people without your training fire a gun that kills someone else. That chokehold was fairly unique. You don't see too many people dying that way, and it ties directly into the guy up on charges having been in the marines.

Although, since it is boat to boat the way you laid it out. ... maybe. So maybe it would be circumstantial.

Driftwood likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I didn't say it did.

12. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Was it a derby and they were putting weights in their catch?

HanSenSE, Liut and Driftwood like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted