1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Why not. I know more than a few Marines whose greatest accomplishment in life was going through basic training when they were 18. I respect their service, but having stickers on your car or flags on your house 40 years after serving smacks a little bit of peaking in high school.

2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

If you go to St. Louis you can compare where you went to high school - the very mark of social acceptability.

Liut likes this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That would require reading and reading comprehension.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Remind me to always be on your boat if I'm ever fishing near you. ... Then again, as a moderately sheltered kid who rarely fished, I might want to just steer clear of your fishing area as to not incur wrath no matter proximity ...

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Do they still wear their high school class rings and letterman jackets like true dorks and losers?

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

You put lead in the fish, somebody else puts lead in you!

HanSenSE, maumann and Tighthead like this.
  7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I don't have stickers or flags, but I do have a couple of t-shirts and a sweatshirt I wear. The sweatshirt got me on the discount list at my local liquor store because the owner gives veteran discounts.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In my town, there is a dentist who flies the Marine Corps flag over the door to his office. A dentist! Over his house would make sense, semper fi and all that, but his office?

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

There's that one, and there's also the photo of an indignant Angela Merkel standing over a petulant Trump at the G7.
    [​IMG]

Liut, Baron Scicluna and garrow like this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Nielsen's final ratings put it at 3.3 million.

That "disappointment" characterization is subjective. They might see it totally differently.

They reached more than 4 times the number of 25 to 45 year olds they typically get at 8 pm. And it gave them a huge ratings boost in the 9 to 11 hours that followed the Town Hall. It was CNN's second most-viewed single-candidate town hall since 2016. The first was Joe Biden in 2020, which drew 3.4 million viewers, which is pretty much on par with this one, and nobody called that a disappointment, although there was no controversy involved with that one that risked reputation. That said, the reputation thing is kind of a "so what?" for CNN. Their ratings have been dropping like a rock over the last 2 years, so it's not like what they have been doing was drawing viewers because of their supposed good reputation.

maumann and Liut like this.
  12. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Love the somewhat exasperated look on the late PM Abe's face. RIP

Draft saved Draft deleted