1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

It's a one-time bump (and still lower than every previous Trump town hall), likely with a significant number of hate-watchers. Plus Fox News viewers who wanted to see their guy. Yeah, I'm sure they'll be heading back to CNN on the regular. Keep fucking that chicken. I'm sure you're convincing people.

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

This game is all their alumni dregs talk about for days weeks months all fuckin' year long.

Kirkwood–Webster Groves Turkey Day Game

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

And he shot Kennedy from the book suppository.

dixiehack likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Given all the refugees flocking to the southern border - isn't it time to call in the UN, who seem to be much better about dealing with these mass migrations?

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Trump's appearance was a CNN gimmick. It worked. But like a summer cloudburst in the middle of a drought, the relief for CNN will be temporary. And I don't think it's a gimmick with the legs to be repeated too often. It's not 2015. Trump's no longer a novelty act. How does CNN build on that one time ratings hit? Beats me. I am reminded of the fall of 2004. The day after the Red Sox won their first World Series in 86 years, the Herald sold over 800,000 copies, a little over quadruple a normal day's circulation. Six months later, 25 percent of the news room took early retirement or got laid off.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He'd cry like a little girl. "Unfair."

Like the little girls in the beauty pageant dressing rooms he loves to barge in on.

"Oh, he does that," giggled the Pretty Princess. Who would know.

Last edited: May 12, 2023
  7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

3.3 million viewers wasn't much of anything <bart simpon gif>

I responded, because that is absurd. That's more viewers that Tucker Carlson got most nights.

So you abandon that for "Yeah, I'm sure they'll be heading back to CNN on the regular. Keep fucking that chicken. I'm sure you're convincing people."

I'm not even trying to convince the voices in your head of something I didn't say.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Sure, Jan.

But since this concept seems to elude you as you argue for the significance of the ratings:

WHAT GOOD ARE ONE-TIME NUMBERS FROM NON-RECURRING VIEWERS?

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Mostly it would depend on the ship size, I supposed. From a huge ship like a carrier or tanker (ala Captain Phillips), I'd say pretty far depending on the talent of the person. On a small ship in open water, not very far. We used to shoot at inflatable targets about 10x10 from maybe 100-150 yards with M-14s, but I wouldn't put much stock in trying to hit something the size of a person from there. When we were used on the bridgewings, it was going in and out of ports usually up relatively calm rivers, and that's a different story. To qualify as expert, we had to put multiple rounds in a silhouette target from 200 yards.

I do remember once where someone got the bright idea to bring a skeet launcher on deployment. We were trying to hit skeet with sawed off shotguns from the pitching deck of a rolling ship. Yeah, that didn't work.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One thing Fox News has been genius at is creating a narrative that drives programming - is it "news?" - probably not, but it gets people to tune in night after night for updates - since the other networks aren't covering the "scandal" or whatever the topic du jour is - CNN does very well with major news events, but in the droughts has struggled to find its footing. Providing a daily rebuttal to the Trump Presidency kinda worked, but with Biden...how are they supposed to fill three hours of primetime - let alone 24 hours?

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

In honor of Dear Leader Fatfuck

... oh wait he likes abortions in cases of rape and incest, and rape.

Yeah, we said rape twice. He likes rape. He likes incest too.

Draft saved Draft deleted