1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

2. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Obviously, TFG would've never agreed to this. But it's a fun tweet:

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

CNN's ratings return ed to their dismal normal last night. Sugar rushes never last long.

wicked and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Butbutbutbut they got 3.3 million people to watch for one whole night! And that’s gotta mean something, doesn’t it?!?

dixiehack likes this.
  5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I haven't gone back, but I didn't find the piece "emotional." What a dick.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I mean, Jon Stewart wouldn't have agreed to it. You think he wants to be on stage with someone who readily co-signs Stewart's embrace of the lab leak theory?

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Why do white people like Kaitlin Collins have such long necks?

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Non-profit is run by whatever rich donors bankroll the operation. And I know I know - rich people already own these places. But Gannett doesn't care one whit - at least, not in the negative, if the IndyStar gets on a run of stories that exposes IU basketball for something bad. In a non-profit model, super-great progressive donor just might be a IU booster.

I'm pretty familiar with the non-profit approach in some places. It functions well in political coverage as thinly-veiled policy advocacy.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Because who else is going to keep turtle neck makers in business?

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Substitute Hitler for Trump and Germany for USA in this video and you get an idea where post-Trump is headed.

Doubt there will be death penalties, but a lot of long prison sentences and a few pardons that will drive some crazy, but I will take that.

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Iman is a 6, and even her neck is a 6.

[​IMG]

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Back to the subway: If a guy is trained in a lethal choke hold, and the recipient of that choke hold is duly subdued by others, too, why don't you ease back on the death grip at that point? You don't have to kill someone with your choke hold, and surely the ex-Marine former Marine knows that, even with some restraint on the choke hold, the other guy ain't going anywhere with a bigger, stronger guy's arm around his neck from behind.

In that civilian situation, you don't have to keep the oxygen cut off once the other guy is under control. The former Marine had to know his limits, too. Was he just showing off, or did he not mind killing someone?

Last edited: May 12, 2023
    Woody Long and Neutral Corner like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted