1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I liked Longmire - but I'm still waiting for a show that examines the dual nature of the position of sheriff - politician and law enforcement officer. The shows always end up skewing to a case of the week genre - but a Sopranos-style show would work very well. There a dozens of small-town sheriffs who are more politician than cop - doing favors for friends, making a hell of a lot more money on "side gigs" than they do "officially."

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Had to tap out of this thread until I watched last night. Interesting. I guess it would have been pretty pedestrian to show the sausage being made, so to speak, of them going into hiding like that. Sally seems happy. /s

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

4. DanOregon

Oh - don't get me started on how the networks choose shows. Most of the time whether a show makes the line-up is determined by a) how much of the show a network owns, - extra points if they already own the IP b) if they have a deal in place with the producer to buy more of their shows c) if they have a hole in their line-up and need a show to "bridge" the audience in the slot, d) if there is another hot show or movie they aim to rip off and maybe e) if the show is any good.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Maybe not, but give Kathy Bates some decent scripts to work with and it could be fun.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I dunno that looked kinda awesome!

7. Lt.Drebin

Lt.Drebin Active Member

Man, I almost feel dirty for saying it, but that scene with Sally in the bathroom of the diner was friggin HOT.

Side note: I saw people debating on Twitter where Barry and Sally were holed up. My guess is …Oklahoma?

8. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Agreed on point 1.

I think it’s West Texas. Might have been something Hader said in his podcast this week.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Webster likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

HBO Max original film starring Sydney Sweeney as Reality Winner. Out May 29.

11. DanOregon

When people are streamlining their personal budgets - streaming services are the first to go.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Best preview I’ve Dern in 2023. I’m stoked.

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted