1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As I understand it, involuntary manslaughter is about as far down the scale they can go if there's what's deemed a wrongful death involved.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

These effin' people.

"The Republican governor of Oklahoma, Kevin Stitt, recently vetoed a bill that would have renewed the license and provided millions in funding for the Oklahoma Educational Television Authority, the statewide PBS network that reaches more than 650,000 viewers a week. Stitt took issue with what he alleged was LGBTQ-inclusive programming on the station, claiming to Fox News that it amounted to the “indoctrination and over-sexualization of our children.”

“It doesn’t line up with Oklahoma values,” Stitt told the right-wing network this week in an interview about the decision."

Oklahoma governor wages war on PBS station after claiming it is indoctrinating children with LGBTQ content | CNN Business

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Hold on. His klan doesn't believe in science or expertise or any sort. #CuckAlert

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I bet he grew up watching Bert and Ernie.
    [​IMG]

9. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

When America was truly great traitors were tried and executed for treason.

TigerVols likes this.
  11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

My conclusion after seven years of this is the “both sides” people just don’t interact with these people. They live in cities or comfortable suburbs where Republicans are the same small-government, lower-my-taxes people they’ve always been. Or they purposely never broach a quasi political topic with them. You’d have to purposely lie to yourself or have the mindset of a missionary to interact with MAGA people on a daily basis and conclude “Well, these are basically good people.”

There’s no way you could live out here in the sticks where people are walking into my wife’s office recording with a phone because a wacko claims because she takes public defense cases in 20 percent of her cases, serving the area as the only attorney who speaks Spanish, she has to let him record her offices, who has rallied dozens of people to show up to city council meetings and gotten them canceled, that these people have regular counterparts within the Democratic party.

I fully recognize I had my head in the sand from 2008 to 2016. There was stuff I wasn’t getting about the economic pain people were undergoing while we felt as if we were on a ship to a brighter future.

But this is no longer a backlash. This is a cultish mania. And it’s about a decade old. Rationality isn’t going to just naturally occur to these people. Nurturing it, excusing it, feeding it with understanding just isn’t going to work. This is no longer a fever that is going to break.

You’d have to burn every capitol to the ground and install a dictator to appease them. They shrug a bought-off supreme court justice, identity obscufating congressman, a traitorous President and a gang of thugs beating policemen to overturn an election. And they’re people who don’t care about the judgment of history and are beyond shame.

We’ve got a real problem and the middle-aged shrug of the shoulders I see from the center-right looks a lot like the 1850s all over to me again.

Last edited: May 14, 2023
Draft saved Draft deleted