1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Screw the CMA's

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Neutral Corner, Nov 13, 2020.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I just saw a Carrie Underwood video of her covering Welcome to the Jungle.' It was pretty good, but straightforward. Also, Axl does the shimmy after 'my serpentine ' better than Underwood. Her legs were amazing, though.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
  3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I was a big fan of Underwood (yep, she's got legs). But she started saying stupid things. I know she had an accident and needed some plastic surgery on her face, but, c'mon, she looks like a Kardashian now. Did she go to the same plastic surgeon Kim uses? She is not so attractive anymore.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

For me, her auto tuned voice is like nails on a chalkboard. It’s a good thing she has amazing legs.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Scrawny legs.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

It might be star-studded, but if it was a real Willie birthday party it’d be in Dripping Springs and it’d take three days.

(And nobody in attendance would remember anything about it, other than they had a helluva good time.)

OscarMadison and Wenders like this.
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've researched the hell out of it, and I still can't find any confirmation that Willie Nelson has been awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Which stuns me given the lesser lights who have won the medal. Between the music and his work with Farm Aid - should have been a no-brainer a long tome ago.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. 2muchcoffeeman

Screw the ACMs, too. They were Thursday.

On to more important things …

Just hours after Jimmie Allen's former manager filed a lawsuit against the singer on Thurs. May 12, next steps were taken by his label. After the singer was accused of rape, sexual assault and harrassment, his label made the decision to officially suspend him. BBR Music Group released a statement confirming their immediate next steps.

"In light of today's allegations against Jimmie Allen, BBR Music Group has decided to suspend all activity with him, effective immediately," said the statement. The label is also no longer promoting his latest new single, "Be Alright."

Allen was set to perform at the CMA Fest in Nashville in June, but his name was removed from the lineup on the festival's website. The Country Music Association confirmed to Variety that he has officially been removed from the event and will no longer perform on the main stage at Nissan Stadium.

In addition, the country star was removed from giving the commencement speech for Delaware State University's 2023 graduation, in his home state. He was replaced by congresswoman Lisa Blunt Rochester for the May 12 event.

The lawsuit, filed by a plaintiff only known as Jane Doe, alleges that throughout the 18 months she spent as Allen's day-to-day manager, she was raped and repeatedly sexually assaulted and harrassed. The plaintiff is also suing Allen's former label, her former employer, Wide Open Music, and its founder Ash Bowers. She alleges that she repeatedly informed her employer of the abuse and then later lost her job when Allen was let go from the label.​

He’ll get canceled, but only because he’s not white. If he looked like Morgan Wallen, he’d “get another chance” in 3 months.

Jimmie Allen Suspended From Label, Dropped From CMA Fest Following Allegations of Rape, Sexual Assault and Harrassment

9. 2muchcoffeeman

OK, fine. I can say one nice thing about the ACMs.

They got the Entertainer of the Year award correct.

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Nailed it

11. 2muchcoffeeman

He gets us.

dixiehack and Inky_Wretch like this.
  12. 2muchcoffeeman

Draft saved Draft deleted