1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And that's EXACTLY what my next sentence said . . . that you didn't bother to include.

The gist of the part you quoted wasn't necessarily Trump related. It was disputing this oft-heard notion that "the youngs are turning 18!" and "the olds are dying off!" so Democrats should win every election forever and ever and ever . . .

Would have happened a long time ago if it were that easy.

Last edited: May 17, 2023
  2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

We’ll all see Trump on the campaign trail and get scared enough to find our ways to the polls, just like 2020.

X’ers and Boomers have shit on us for 20 years. Shut the fuck up and shove the avocado toast jokes up your deteriorating ass.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

What did Xers ever do except sit on the sidelines while they got skipped over entirely?

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Yeah, don't lump Xers in with the Boomers.
    We are the ones who've been shit on all our lives.
    Now leave me alone, and I'll be just fine.

Kato, FileNotFound, Songbird and 6 others like this.
  5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The implication here being that:

A. Democrats can't vote for a 12-week abortion limit without being a turncoat

B. The way to affect political change in a district is through personal harassment of a state senator and their family.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

They criticized the millennials, a crime previously not experienced by millennials, thus novel.

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

No, she was elected as a Democrat. The GOP did not have a veto proof majority. She switched party affiliation once in office to give them that and undo the will of the people who elected her. If the people of the district had wanted a Republican, they would have voted for her opponent.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Come on, man.

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Alma knows that. Because he’s dumb, but he’s not dumb.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Why can't she just be voted out next time? (Which, I assume she will be.)

I wouldn't know why she had to change parties to vote for the 12 week deal.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

For the record, we've had four Boomer presidents, three born in the very first Boomer year and one born in the very last. Hardly the sweet spot either way. Two of them were enormously popular. Another was re-elected, and the last was . . . well, Trump.

Seven Presidents were part of the Greatest Generation, two were part of the Lost Generation, and one --- the current one --- was part of the Silent Generation.

By the way, the last election was the first time America skipped a generation for three decades, then reached back and elected someone from that generation.

Draft saved Draft deleted