1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Nobody said that's the real issue, but I guess to you the idea of harassing her family isn't even an issue. How far would such harassment have to go before it rose to the level of "issue" to you?

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Existing outside the bounds of this here message board would be a start.

2muchcoffeeman and Fred siegle like this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Presenting herself as a member of one party to get elected, then switching shortly after isn't fraud to you?

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  4. doctorquant

Ah. Well, by that standard, being put off by "a poster [preparing] to be mean to her [FAMILY AND CHILDREN]" isn't an issue, either.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Preparing? He gonna go himself? I doubt it.

7. doctorquant

True ... the triggering post merely said the poster would "be perfectly fine with." "Preparing" came later.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I see Jacksonville got its Christmas tree yesterday.

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

It should be made very clear to Cotham that actions have consequences. And as noted, the damage is done and will take a generation to undo.
    What are the people who elected her supposed to do, simply say, "Boy, you pulled one over on us. Good one."
    These people are elected to represent, not rule.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Can we please stop acting like civility still exists in politics?

OscarMadison and TigerVols like this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It wasn't so much that I didn't bother to include it, I edited the link because I wanted to not sound so angry toward you and missed you had also said the same thing.

And I agree with you that in normal election cycles, the generation getting closer to retirement begins to not want to give up so much. It's just this election cycle if Trump is the guy, I just don't see that happening. So yes, the olds dying off is a fantasy land thing. I am curious if the choice was not Trump or Desantis or Pence (IE Mitt) how many old millennials/young X'ers would jump ship from Biden for what you mentioned.

12. doctorquant

I'm kinda old-fashioned in that I think the families of politicians -- especially their minor children -- ought to be out of bounds.

OscarMadison and franticscribe like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted