1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Sasha and Malia and Chelsea and Barron agree.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Unless they insert themselves—a la Ivanka (G-D I hate that I can't remember mom vs daughter in who is named what), Junior and Eric—absolutely should be left alone.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I bet a bunch would jump if it were Mitt . . . a few if DeSantis . . . fewer if Pence. I would jump if it were Mitt.

But a whole bunch of Trump cultists would pout and stay home. Especially if it were Mitt (he was a meanie to Trump).

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That’s nice but it doesn’t exactly fit in our “Fuck Your Feelings” world.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

All things lead to Trump, the fons et origo of our dysfunction. When the high school social studies teacher is encouraging his students to harass the sons of that woman, he can rest secure in the knowledge that "They did it too!" is a perfectly acceptable excuse.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Let’s also stop pretending that only cuts one way.

Civility requires empathy, mutual understanding, and a whole host of other things that most Americans are no longer capable of.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  7. doctorquant

Who said it did?

8. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

The whole thing is absurd, especially if any of the rumors floating around turn out ultimately to be true. She will be voted out in the next election unless her new friends gerrymander a seat for her. I know some in the Dem establishment were a little uneasy about her return last year - she had taken a few years off - but she represents the kind of urban district that would never elect a Republican and she had a strong track record on women's rights prior to her switch. She definitely did not vote in a way that represents her constituents' values.

One of the less salacious rumors is that she horse-traded this party switch and vote in exchange for backing to run for Congress from the Charlotte area. I find that one plausible since the GOP is going to gerrymander Jeff Jackson out of Congress now that they have the greenlight to gerrymander under the state constitution thanks to our new Republican State Supreme Court. But there are only so many ways you can carve up the Charlotte Metro area and they're also likely to try a second time to create a seat for House Speaker Tim Moore (The second most powerful GOP official in the state).

garrow, Driftwood and doctorquant like this.
  9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I didn't necessarily suggest targeting children or even legislators with violence, but if nobody in the house can get a good night's sleep because people are exercising their first amendment rights at 2 a.m., so be it.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Mittens is 76.

I don’t think anyone would be excited about him running again, and I don’t see voters who have seen what the GOP is doing would switch to electing him.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. doctorquant

I think you're too decent a person to really believe this, which is why your earlier post struck me so. Nevertheless ... I'll move on now.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hannity gets Tucker's old timeslot. Trump's top booster gets a bigger megaphone.

Draft saved Draft deleted