1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Didn't the ACLU side with Illinois Nazis when they wanted to protest?

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Who administers them now? It's just changing laws and regs the municipalities must follow.

And state-wide regulations aren't a conservative issue. There is no issue of federalism and consistency is good for business and development. State regs are necessary to block NIMBYism.

Last edited: May 17, 2023
  3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It did, but that was a loooooong time ago.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Because of geography and orbital mechanics there's really not much alternative to launching satellites from MAGA land. You can launch polar orbit satellites from Vandenberg in Cali, but that's a pretty limited category.

I suppose they could build a space base in Hawaii but material transportation costs would be horrible.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

We launch tons of rockets from purple-ass Virginia. And not the red part, either, because you have to have people in a region before you have politics.

franticscribe likes this.
  7. doctorquant

franticscribe likes this.
  8. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

And this isn't new, either. They did assist the Unite the Right folks when Charlottesville tried to pull their event permit on ridiculously transparent grounds and that help set off a deep internal conflict about whether they should be helping in situations like that.

doctorquant likes this.
  9. Regan MacNeil

I'd like to apologize on behalf of the ACLU for debating whether they should support Nazis. They're just asking questions, but I suppose that's a problem these days.

10. doctorquant

Saying you think it'd better if things were this way while also availing yourself of the way things are is absolutely not hypocritical.

11. Regan MacNeil

I agree. You can't play by rules that don't exist.

12. doctorquant

Well, you can ... but you're surely not hypocritical for not.

Draft saved Draft deleted