1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I yawned in 7th grade history/social studies because I knew all this shit since I was 5 years old. But I never ran for congress from Louisiana.

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Pretty strong stuff from li'l ol' Dolly ...

Dolly Parton blasts politicians
    without naming any. Call it ‘Dollitics.’

During last week’s Academy of Country Music Awards, a crowd filled with cowboy hats roared as Dolly Parton’s tent-like skirt detached to reveal her leather outfit. It was an edgy performance in Frisco, Tex. — made edgier by Parton’s blasting of “greedy politicians past and present.”

Like legions of musicians before her, Parton, 77, used her new song “World on Fire” as a medium to voice her discontent with elected officials — a sentiment widespread among Americans, regardless of their party.

“Liar, liar, the world’s on fire. Whatcha gonna do when it all burns down?” Parton muses in the rock-infused song, criticizing how politicians “wouldn’t know the truth if it bit ’em” and have “lost sight of common decency, of wrong and right.”

The singer, however, stopped short at naming specific politicians. During an interview that aired Monday, she told Today’s Jacob Soboroff that her song is about “all of ’em. Any of ’em. I don’t think any of ’em are trying hard enough.”

“I just really think often that they worry more about their party than they do about the people,” Parton said. “None of them are working from the heart.”

3. Starman

Whatabout whatabout whatabout

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Party of law and order law and ordering during Police Week 2023.

5. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

North Carolina GOP legislators continuing to cover themselves in glory:

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Perhaps this is why the attorney quit.

garrow likes this.
  8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Oh c'mon, a racist politician in North Carolina? Next thing, you're going to tell me that Republicans throughout this state are reasonable ...

franticscribe and Driftwood like this.
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Probably needs to be over here more than the baseball thread.

10. Starman

"Yeah and which Billy-Bob Bible Academy gets to claim you as an alumnus, MAGGAT? Your bio doesn't seem to want to talk about it. You one of them pencil neck smarty pants kollege boyz?"

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted