1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Hmm. I'm sorry about your buddy. I have literally never heard of anything negative to be said about the shingles shot -- and in comparison to the effects and widespreaded-ness on the body that can occur, it seems an easy decision.

I have personally heard of a couple people getting it in the eye (and it taking literally years to treat and recover from), where there is the threat of blindness from the condition. I've heard of getting in the ear, and it forever impacting hearing. I've heard of it occurring in the genital/vaginal areas and being utterly awful to deal with. It often occurs in the back (where it is difficult for patients to reach, themselves, and therefore, treat), and is common in the abdomen, and very painful. And I've heard of people suffering recurrences of it, two, even three times in their adult lives.

These are just people I've known, myself -- not anybody in a position of power/influence, or who also had their cognitive abilities notably diminished, too. So I still say it's a good bet to get the shingles shot, as it goes a long way toward preventing and lessening such problems.

Last edited: May 18, 2023
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I had the shingles vaccine back in my 50s and did indeed have a bad reaction, but relatively mild. It was in my left shoulder area, and applying capsicin to the affected areas worked. It went away in a couple of uncomfortable but not terrible weeks. I'm not sorry I had the shot. I am sorry I had no retort when my PCP told me at our next meeting, "you have no idea how much paperwork you've caused me about this."

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

halting an influx of groomers into the state this is leadership

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Good.

I hate DeSantis SO much. He is really dangerous and bad for this country, and needs to be gone.

I consider him way worse than Trump at this point. Because, frankly, he is apparently much more effective -- kind of shockingly so, in that I can't believe everyone who goes along with him -- at actually getting things done.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Thought shingles vax is at 50? Either way, I'll get it. Sister-in-law was scheduled to get the shingles vax, but had to delay when she got COVID. And then she got shingles. Sounded just awful.

6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

my (untrained) guess is the man has social anxiety. Probably not good for wanting to become president.

Last edited: May 18, 2023
  7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

More Oregon Republicans just made themselves ineligible for re-election, with their 10th unexcused absence from the legislature.

Oregon Republican walkout: 6 more senators are potentially ineligible for reelection - OPB

We voted to amend the state constitution last year, invoking this rule. It would have been so much easier to simply vote to amend the Constitution so that one member more than half being present constitutes a quorum. Then they could walk out all they want, but the government could function.

Oregon Republicans are truly the bottom of the barrel, and yet they wonder why they haven't gotten anyone elected to a significant statewide office in about 40 years, in what used to be a red state.

I Should Coco and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Slacker likes this.
  9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Have there been lawsuits yet to stop this practice? I can't remember.

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I honestly think any state that Texas/Florida sends migrants to should clean out their prisons of the most violent felons and bus them to those states.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted