1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It could have been Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS), which is a nervous system disorder. According to the CDC, it is a rare side effect of the vaccine. Here's the thing. It is also a rare side effect of getting shingles.

CD Boogie likes this.
  2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Interesting. Thanks for the insight.

I’m inclined to get it — after my next CAT scan to assess lung cancer progression in early June — and posts such as these exhort me even further.

Liut likes this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wait, you have lung cancer? Sorry to hear that. (If this was mentioned elsewhere, I either missed it or forgot.)

I got it as soon as I was eligible. I know people who had shingles. No way am I getting that shit if I can avoid it.

CD Boogie and Liut like this.
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Don't know, but the Denver mayor says they're ready to send Abbott a bill. Of course, Hancock will be out of office in less than two months.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

What oop said. Don't know what to say. I'm sorry.

CD Boogie likes this.
  7. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

I'm wondering, also, what drove some of these people who had bad vaccine side effects to get the shot. It's not unreasonable to think perhaps a neighbor, friend or relative contracted shingles (alerting the others "maybe I should get vaccinated) and unwittingly passed the virus along prior. My vaccine was actually two doses, some weeks apart (maybe months... don't recall) and I *think* that's how it is for all shingles vaccines. If no, perhaps the larger, single dose shouldn't be used. Prior to getting my vaccines I wrongly thought if you HADN'T had measles you were susceptible. A virologist neighbor said oh, no, no.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Buddy of mine (died several years ago of esophageal cancer) had a bout with the shingles. Seeing the daily progression of the blisters down his forehead and across his eyelid was more than enough to convince me that when my time came, I'd be getting that vaccine in a skinny minute. I had the older one, but now I think I'm lined up for the newer one ... and I'll be getting it.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

You mean you are an immoral politician who cares nothing about anything except what you want and will continue kidnapping people and dropping them somewhere else because you don't want deal with them.

This is akin to patient-dumping that hospitals do sometimes. Disgusting, immature, and frankly, seems illegal. As Regan MacNeil asked, what is being done about this?

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Be a shame if something happened to it.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

A former co-worker of mine said she got shingles and she was in her 20s. She said it was stress-induced.

DeSantis is more dangerous than Trump because he doesn’t go off script and he’s comparatively intelligent.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I dunno. DeSantis doesn't seem inspire violent maniac cultists.....so that means he probably can't win the nomination.

Draft saved Draft deleted