1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Well, that surely covers all the bases there, doesn't it?

Reminds me of a headline habit I despise:
    Future could be good, bad

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Ooooh, DeSantis' big criticism of Trump on Covid: : "he turned the country over to Fauci."

Not the actual terrible things he did re Covid like promoting inane, quackery, politicizing masks, letting blue cities suffer, blaming the previous administration.....

tapintoamerica and Smallpotatoes like this.
  3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

If he actually turned the country over to Fauci and if the country actually listened we wouldn’t have been in the mess we were in and Trump would have been re-elected.

franticscribe likes this.
  4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

DeSantis is actually running on a platform of Woke, Disney and Fauci. Nothing at all about the economy, government spending or Biden, which seem like no-brainer, logical traditional Republican talking points.

Of course, Republicans are no-brainers and illogical right now, so I guess knocking down strawmen is easier than actually explaining how you'd make a better President than who's in office right now, or the moron who was there before him.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Hmmm … it’s like it’s right in front of their faces but they just can’t see it.

garrow likes this.
  6. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

I think Biden (or his social team) is pretty good at this, while the rest of the Dems can't seem to get out of their own way, but the talking point needs to be hammered over and over and over about the GOP: "These are not serious people."

maumann and garrow like this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Trump lacks two things every good POTUS has: credibility and self control....flaws he shared with every previous impeached president (and Nixon too).

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Republicans won the 2016 presidential election. Was it a success? That’s what I mean.

But I understand, too, that in questioning whether a broadly progressive slate of policies will be successful I’m going into a bit of a headwind on this board.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Those who have been railing against Target have been celebrating their “victories” and saying more companies will be targeted. It has emboldened them.

Here in Arkansas, the Walton Arts Center announced it wouldn’t allow the Fayetteville Pride day have a special area for teens and children on their premises due to fear of violence from the ultra right.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

And here comes Severance ...

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted