1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Dang - that final season of Better Call Saul - the entire series could have just been a "cash-in" opportunity for the producers, but they made an outstanding show right up there with BB. And that final season, final episode, whew.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Mrs. Maisel finale was just ok for me. Without spoilers, I would have ended it on the next to last scene, but I sort of understand why they did what they did. The flash forwards over the course of the season were an interesting device and I sort of get why they didn’t explain everything and respected the viewers intelligence and imagination.

Dyno and sgreenwell like this.
  3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Maybe I missed it, but -
    Was there no flash forward with Abe?
    Also, Marin Hinkle was really stellar to me in the finale.

4. Webster

He was not. Assume he died before the Rose flash forward.

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Also ...

I really would have liked to have the Joel-goes-to-jail storyline fleshed out.

And the detail with the kids going forward was lacking. They just shouldn't have introduced it if there wasn't any more meat on the bone than that.

But I thought it was an enjoyable end to an enjoyable run. Stayed around just long enough for some reviewers to turn on it.

sgreenwell, Webster and Dyno like this.
  6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Glad the last we saw of Lenny Bruce wasn’t such a downer. (Although reality WAS a downer.) Also glad that we ended with Midge and Suzie laughing, still very much (once again) a part of each other’s lives.

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. Webster

I would have just had Lenny send her a gift or a card that he was moving to LA. They put a bow on it last season.

And Maisel Reddit makes Ted Lasso Reddit seem sane.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I must have a morbid gene. During that final Midge-Suzie scene, all I kept thinking was, "Don't let either one of them have a heart attack while they're on the phone."

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You’re not the only one. I was doing math for how old Midge would be in 05 just to be sure it wasn’t coming.

10. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

If you're in to surfing at all, or are just somewhat interested, you gotta check out "100 Foot Wave" on HBO. Documentary on Garrett McNamara, a big-wave surfer from Oahu. He's seeking the first 100-foot wave. Lots of great footage from the beginning of the documentary at Nazare, Portugal. That's the place with the red lighthouse and power lines from the viewing area. There is a 3-mile deep canyon under the water, which creates the huge waves. I've seen four of 10 episodes in Season 1. There is a Season 2. Fascinating to me.

OscarMadison, Tighthead and garrow like this.
  11. Webster

Suzie is a stand in for ASP. She was never going to die.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Caught "The Swimmers" tonight on Netflix. Not your typical feel-good sports movie in any way, shape or form. Instead, the tale of two young swimmers who fled Syria with the dream of swimming in the Olympics, encountering, along the way, smugglers, a dangerous trip across the Agean Sea to Greece and, eventually, Germany, where they resume training for Rio, with one making the Refugee Olympic Team. Pretty intense.

Draft saved Draft deleted