1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

Better bring a coat, Tara. I've heard it's cold over there.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

She's not moving to Yakutsk any more than people who settle here move to Barrow, Alaska. :)

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

Hope she likes eating borscht!

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

So you cared enough to tell us how much you don't care.

How Mobius Strip of you.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Did it always have parody in the name? If it didn't, your post is pretty stupid.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

No, the name of the account was "The minute I post anything, you knee-jerk respond."

It appears the account was dormant from 2019 until a week ago. When they brought it back, they added "parody" to the title, a la Elon Musk's decree about parody accounts (although even without it saying it, um, duh). It was clear it was a parody account (the name of the account and the description of the account both say it is a parody, and the tweets are just silly) when she tweeted that she and her team are assessing how to deal with an obvious parody twitter account.

8. Regan MacNeil

Write more clearly and don't post things worth questioning and I wouldn't respond. You're a mod. Am I even allowed to hide your posts?

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Yes, it was worth questioning whether the account said "parody" when she had tweeted -- something you pulled out of your sphincter -- in order to jump to "stupid." And it's somehow because I am not clear. :rolleyes:

10. Regan MacNeil

Yes, because I was referring to the clarity of that particular post and not the thousands of others. The rolling eyes emoji was cute, tho. Lets me know you were being sarcastic.

I'm sorry I didn't give you a chance to break out your favorite "You always do stuff like this. Try responding to what I actually said." Maybe next time.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

IMG_4356.jpeg

You have to click through to see the (Parody) label, which isn’t how most people consume Twitter. Looks like they are within the terms of service but are being manipulative for the sake of (alleged) LOLs.

HanSenSE, 2muchcoffeeman and Webster like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

In Texas AG Paxton's impeachment trial in the state Senate, his wife the state Senator will be a juror. Obviously she *should* recuse herself, but it seems that it is not required by Texas law. On the one hand there's a bribery charge related to getting his mistress a job in town so he didn't have to road trip to see her. On the other, Mrs. Paxton knew all about those $30k kitchen counters that appeared in her house..

Juror and spouse: Texas state Sen. Angela Paxton could vote in trial on husband's impeachment

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted