1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Not the sentiment he thinks it is

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Child is clearly woke.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah fine. Assemble your commission.

(400 million)

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Hannity: I can't imagine you saying "bring me some of the boxes we brought back from the White House, I'd like to look at them." Did you ever do that?

Trump: I would have the right to do that. There's nothing wrong with it.

Hannity: I don't think you would do it.

Trump: I have the right to do that. I would do that.

Hannity: Alright, let me move on.....

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I sense some of them are politically naive enough to think they were going to get everything McCarthy promised in the first place.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

"Arm yourselves."

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The Dems are just as likely as not to whip votes to keep McCarthy if a motion to vacate is made. They don't want Gym Jordan as speaker. Better the devil you know.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Didn't show up first for me. Her real account did.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Somehow, some way, figure out how to get rid of this hostage-taking with the debt ceiling before it comes up again in two years. Just a complete farce every time.

HanSenSE, garrow and franticscribe like this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Just mint the fucking coin.

Do it after the "deal" is nailed into place.

Tell them, "fuck you and fuck your 'deal.' The hostage situation is over. You wanna cut Social Security and Medicare, you get right up in public and say so. And we'll hang it around your fucking necks."

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Jeffries said the Republicans needed 150 yes votes. They got 149.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The belief in Washington, right or wrong, is that the consequences of default will be blamed on the President, not Congress. Joe Biden, Washington as they make 'em, shares this. But he also knew that McCarthy wasn't quite sure that was true. So the deal was not that different from what would've happened in the regular budget process. Now until 2025, the only way the House can use force for its demands is a government shutdown. Unlike defaults, we've seen a lot of those since the Gingrich Revolution and there's evidence. Congress, and particularly the Republicans who've forced every one, have always taken most of the blame. so they're really now holding a gun pointed at themselves.

Draft saved Draft deleted