1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The next big battle won't be until September with the budget. The intervening months ought to be pretty sleepy on Capitol Hill. So yes, there will be a lot of dog and pony shows in committees this summer.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

I was under the premise her problem wasn't the parody account, but that the CEO of the platform passed it on, like Haha...look at this. I think that is a legitimate complaint.

OscarMadison and wicked like this.
  4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Why shouldn’t it have happened? Crashing the economy was a better option?

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The fake “crisis” created by the trumplicans should not have happened. They had some leverage and making this deal was a no-brainer to avoid default and a possible global economic meltdown.

This was entirely avoidable, but in the long run a net victory for Biden/Dems.

FileNotFound likes this.
  6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

https://www.psypost.org/2023/05/ant...-163497?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Antagonistic narcissism and psychopathic tendencies predict left-wing antihierarchical aggression, study finds

Narcissistic individuals and those with psychopathic tendencies are more likely to strongly endorse left-wing antihierarchical aggression, according to new research published in Current Psychology. Antihierarchical aggression refers to a specific type of hostility aimed at challenging or opposing hierarchical power structures or authority figures. The new findings shed light on psychological mechanisms that motivate some individuals to participate in violent political activism.

“Authoritarianism can be found on both sides of the political spectrum,” Krispenz and Bertrams said. “Indicators of authoritarianism on the political left are anticonventionalism (i.e., the absolute endorsement of progressive moral values), top-down censorship (i.e., the preference for the use of governmental and institutional authority to suppress any speech that is considered as offensive and intolerant), and antihierarchical aggression (i.e., the motivation to use force and aggression to overthrow established hierarchies).”

The researchers found that individuals high in LWA tended to have high levels of neurotic narcissism, which means they cared strongly about what others thought of them, experienced high levels of shame, and had a strong need for admiration. Surprisingly, the researchers did not find a relationship between LWA and altruism, indicating that LWA and altruism are not strongly linked.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

It shouldn't have come to this, but at least those idiots didn't intentionally crash the plane like SPC did just to show his displeasure. Doesn't mean they deserve credit, but that's also clearing a bar buried dozens of feet underground.

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

https://nypost.com/2023/05/25/left-wing-extremism-linked-to-psychopathy-narcissism-study/
    cliffs notes

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Obvious bait is obvious.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've got to give credit for getting the debt deal done. It could still go sideways and I have little doubt some grandstanders will still take the opportunity to in the Senate to vote against it - on both sides. Still - I do think there should be some paring down of the budget every time there is a debt limit vote, rather than just the usual "nothing to see here" votes that we normally get when the Rs or Ds have control of all three branches. Shrink the defense budget - just get rid of the outdated weapons spending or bases that aren't needed.

Liut likes this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted