1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I’ve not followed the “trump bucks” story. Did people actually think they were of some sort of value?

2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

No fixing stupid. They might as well light the money on fire, these gulls.

wicked likes this.
  3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

“Authoritarianism can be found on both sides of the political spectrum,” Krispenz and Bertrams said.

What they were studying had nothing to do with the January 6 insurectionists. In fact, the point was that the majority of pyschological research on authoritarianism has focused on individuals with right-wing political ideologies. They specifically were trying to understand authoritarianism among individuals who support left-wing political ideologies. I'm not sure why you thought my post was an appeal to authority. What do you think the actual appeal was?

I saw it on someone's twitter feed, and I found it funny for two reasons. 1) I knew I'd get a response like yours, and 2) It is a study that is trying to document what is easily observable. Challenge many of the causes that fall under "left wing ideologies" using any kind of reason. ... and you are very likely to find yourself subject to the authoritarian types of behavior they described.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

You don't know anything about me, cowboy.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Actually, according to Jim Wright you can fix stupid. You just need to remember to put a tarp over the carpeting.

7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

There is a Jan. 6 philharmonic choir. You can't make that shit up.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

9. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Dueling Banjos has lyrics?

garrow likes this.
  10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Nation. Of. Idiots.

TowelWaver and wicked like this.
  12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

She would have been better off spending that money on 1,500 tacos. Not only would they have provided adequate sustenance for the Doctor Who marathon, she could have given the rest away to the homeless.

Spartan Squad, sgreenwell and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted