1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Today’s Republicans would be rooting for Drago.

Although to be fair, Apollo did provoke him needlessly during their press conference.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Hannity is next when the Smartmatic shithammer drops.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

We're nearing the point where Team Trump — if they were smart* — should be racing to cop a plea for a fine and probation. He should strike now while has no priors. The docs case is by far his biggest criminal exposure at the moment.

* Yeah, right.

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Biden falling is a terrible look. Old people fall. He's old. His decline over the last few years makes for a bad visual.
    Some people don't like Newsom, but I wish he'd run. He has more curb appeal at this point.
    Biden did his job of getting Trump out of the White House. The Dems need someone to keep Trump or DeSantis out of it.

Slacker likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Young people fall. Middle-aged people fall. According to the Speaker of the House, a political opponent, Biden was "Smart," "tough" and "professional" during the debt ceiling negotiations.. It'd be nice if Biden was younger, Even nicer if I was, too. Biden is the incumbent. The Democrats can't replace him without destroying their chances next year unless he has a health crisis one hell of a lot worse than a pratfall.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Maybe 10 percent of the people who worry about “Biden’s old” do so because they think he’s going to take a nap on the red button or something. They worry because Kamala Harris is a pretty big unknown in terms of how she would perform as president, plus the last 15 years of American political discourse will feel like spring cotillion next to the blind rage shit show the right will unleash if she is promoted. There will be January 6-style showdowns across the country faster than you can say Fort Sumter.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2023
    tapintoamerica likes this.
  8. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

And some of that 10% are Democratic Senators, Representatives and others, like Dean Philips of Minnesota. Even if they think that, why are they saying it out loud? Why can't they look at the record so far and see that a lot of good (at least by Dem standards) has taken place and that Biden has actually proven to be quite savvy on things like infrastructure and Ukraine. Yes, his age has shown in his speech and, now, this recent fall (I won't count the bike fall; he was clipped in.), but why oh why can't that party stay on message and talk collectively about what the president is doing?

Dyno likes this.
  9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Because fucking up messaging is what Democrats do. Good at running stuff, horrible at messaging.

Now Republicans … next level at messaging. Running things, not so much.

10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I’m not sure what the news sources I read and listen to are going to do now that the debt ceiling can fiasco has been kicked down the road for a couple of years. It had been a big chunk of their focus. Seems to me that the cliff we were supposed to tumble off likely had a bit of a guard rail and we might not have been all that close to the edge. Kind of reminds me of the Y2K fizzled disaster from days of yore.

It might be about time to take this drama fest off the table and just agree to pay debts that have already been promised. The best time to argue probably is before the money is spent or taxes waived.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

This line of thinking continues to puzzle me. Trump has been a shit to friends, allies and (perceived and real) enemies his entire adult life. Why would any rational thinking person believe he would suddenly change?

"I thought that he would be able to continue with a positive message, learn from his past mistakes and give us a way forward to continue the policies that he started before,” Spillane told the National Review.

wicked and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted