1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

upload_2023-6-3_7-32-47.png

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

3. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I think it’s more sinister than that. I think Biden has struck a deal not to prosecute in exchange for some unknown favor. Involving Hunter? Involving himself? I dunno.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Oh, please. Joe Biden struck a deal because since he entered the Senate shortly after the conclusion of the Spanish-American War, it has been how he has always operated politically. It's how he believes with all his heart politics should work. Is this always the optimal strategy? Surely not. But it's always his Plan A, and this time, it worked as well as he could've expected.

Hermes and Neutral Corner like this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about the debt ceiling, I'm talking about Garland slow-rolling everything.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Is it a slow roll or is it careful prosecutors building what they hope/expect to be airtight cases? Just as much evidence to support the latter thesis. Maybe more.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

So either he sold it to the Saudis or it's great evidence of exactly how sloppy Trump is with classified material.

Or perhaps that he is *still* willfully retaining documents.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

DoJ will indict when their case is ready.

10. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I'm not usually one for speculation or conspiracy theories, but part of me wonders if this tape about the Iran doc and the inability to find it might be an orchestrated leak to suggest, "Hey y'all, THIS is how fucking serious all of this is. And it's coming. This is why."

And anybody who stays on board supporting him, here's your last exit before indictment.

garrow and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The entire Alternate Facts Republican Party in a nutshell:

garrow likes this.
  12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

"Airtight" to one is and will always be "witch hunt" to another.

You think maybe if the O.J. prosecution would have had just a little MORE evidence --- a more airtight case, something a little better than "the chances that this blood belongs to anyone other than Simpson are 1 in 170,000,000" --- THEN the jury would have convicted? :rolleyes:

Every day closer to November 2024 is another step toward "You're just weaponizing the Justice Department to take out an opposing candidate!!!" which is exactly what we believe when it happens in another country to a candidate we happen to support.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
Draft saved Draft deleted