1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Just finished White Lotus S2. Liked it a lot better than the first. Aubrey Plaza is so smoldering. And the Italian actress who played Lucia....wow, che bella donna!

Tom Hollander is so awesome at playing menacing and or funny characters. What a talent.

Lt.Drebin likes this.
  2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Shrinking is fantastic.

I also enjoyed the hell out of the Tetris movie.

If you like musicals, Schmigadoon is so well done with an A++++++ cast (Alan Cumming, Kristin Chenoweth, Aaron Tveit, Fred Armisen, Jane Krakowski, Martin Short, Adriana DeBose, Dove Cameron, Keegan Michael Key and Cecily Strong, amongst many others).

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Watching The Diplomat. Rufus Sewell deserves all of the Emmys.

garrow likes this.
  4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Oh, I’m starting The Diplomat soon. Been told by people I trust that it’s fantastic.

garrow likes this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Watching the Band of Brothers marathon on Sundance yesterday and today. Twenty-plus years later and it still holds up as one of the best shows ever. Still sucks me in every time I see it on.

qtlaw likes this.
  6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

This one, about two mismatched female Australian detectives, has promise. A bit of a Twin Peaks feel.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

You ever try The Pacific? Just as good

garrow likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I read the book, but haven't seen the TV series. The book was good, but I preferred Band of Brothers. I've read BoB a couple of times (plus a couple of the individual memoirs) and might go back and read it again.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Whomever is doing the algorithms on streaming/cable shows needs to understand that there are some shows that are so good that people assume they don't have to jump on them as soon as they drop new episodes.

Yeah, I'm still hacked at Hulu for dumping Reboot.

Wenders likes this.
  11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Lewis and Livingston were incredible. Even David Schwimmer is truly outstanding.

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted