1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 college baseball/softball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Mar 3, 2023.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Of course, the total kicker is that Oral Roberts has to win the jello shot challenge going away.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

ACCN openly acknowledged such on a postgame highlight broadcast. WWL also posted it online ... and did not hide it.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Locals need to go to that place and claim they're drinking/consuming in honor of Oral Roberts just so somebody has to call the school and ask for comment.

2muchcoffeeman and Inky_Wretch like this.
  4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The host should always have the choice, it earned it.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

JFC, NCAA, is it this hard to set a game time?
    We're down to two possible Game 3s tomorrow, including one on the west coast. It's 10 p.m. where the other one is (Southern Miss and Tennessee) and they still haven't announced a start time.

6. micropolitan guy

As a Pac-12 fan, an Oregonian, and no fan whatsoever of evangelical Christianity, I shouldn't be happy that ORU is going to Omaha at the expense of an in-state conference team.

But I am. Thrilled, in fact. Absolutely freaking thrilled, no matter how petty and small it makes me seem. :) You don't pull for your rivals. Evah.

maumann likes this.
  7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I feel terrible for the Oregon second baseman. He'll never get that play out of his head.

8. micropolitan guy

Yeah, tough play but if he makes it, game over, easy 4-6-3 DP and the Ducks are going to Omaha. Instead they're going to finals week.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I’d also say that for the World Series times — you know what the pods look like. People would like to know who goes Friday and who goes Saturday

10. Della9250

So we’re just gonna let this Stanford kid’s arm fall off huh

11. Della9250

156 pitches, 336 in the past 10 days

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

156 pitches.

Draft saved Draft deleted