1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I generally enjoy it. His sister and her husband are absolutely hilarious.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Black Mirror is back!! (beginning Thurs). I loved this series, so Twilight Zone ish for the 21st Century, dark, thrilling, well acted and produced, then it went dark what 3-4 yrs ago? One episode of Bandersnatch which I couldn't get into, then silence. But here we go again!! I'm psyched. You?

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I've said it before, but that first episode of Black Mirror was the most disturbing thing I've ever seen on TV. In a good way.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

No doubt. I felt the same way.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Rewatching Ozark. Rule # 1: When Darlene Snell leaves the room, run away! As fast as you can!

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Wheel! Of! Retirement!

7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Seeing Vanna White naked was a special time.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Mike Richards is updating his LinkedIn.

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Someone needs to give him a ceramic dog as a retirement gift.

Batman likes this.
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Just give him a gift certificate. Hopefully, this will spare Wheel the chaos of the Jeopardy host search by having Sajak around to give his blessing. It would be nice if it was a person of color - and why do I think this is the perfect gig for Mario Lopez?

Wenders likes this.
  11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I don't think Wheel is going to have that problem, since Sajak is pretty much at the replacement value level when it comes to hosts - just a guy who can stand there, ask some light questions, and keep things moving. The few times she's hosted, Vanna has been a more compelling figure, as damning with faint praise as that might seem. It wouldn't surprise me if that's the move they make, since already, Sajak's daughter Maggie fills in for Vanna. If they don't do that, then I think they do go with a decent name for it. (Not like there's a Ken Jennings-style equivalent for Wheel, the closest thing being Caitlin Burke.)

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I can't believe that show still exists. It is paired with a show that highlights how simple it is and the only reason it ever gets mentioned is for how stupid its contestants are.

Draft saved Draft deleted