1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Upslope? More like up-slop!

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I have a friend who recently moved to Kalispell, Montana.
    Another fried drove a truck out there for him. I asked the second guy how was his trip to Montana.
    "Fucking cold!"

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Moved to Flagstaff in late May after graduation. Around June 20, we had a low temp of 17 degrees and I was wondering what the fuck I had gotten myself into. Definitely more Colorado than Arizona...

MileHigh likes this.
  4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The 2022 DU law school commencement was on May 21. On the 19th it was 86 degrees. It snowed all day on the 20th and we had about four inches near campus. All of Jrs. graduation photos have snow in the background.

Hermes, 2muchcoffeeman and MileHigh like this.
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Ended up being a rain event for most of the metro area. About a half-inch of much-needed moisture. Co-worker who lives in the mountains said she got about 8 inches of snow.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Hey, we're finally having spring. Only six weeks late.

dixiehack likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Meanwhile in western Canuckistan.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

We’ve been inundated with lots of smoke from those fires the past five days.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Good luck to everybody in the lower South today. We had storms firing up all night and they're headed your way. I see a lot of tornado chasers are headed to Mississippi and Alabama this morning.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, that stunned me when they said it was a Level 3 risk. There's a sweet spot, temperature-wise, for tornadoes (at least more than the odd spin-ups you get with thunderstorms), and we're already past it. It's probably too hot for the big EF-4 type long track tornadoes we get March, April and early May. Still, hail storms and straight line winds are no fun.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It is insane. The only time I’ve ever heard of summer tornadoes around here is if they are spun off from a tropical storm.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I drove through Pell City this morning, just east of Birmingham. They were diverting traffic on the main road through town because there's a Matthew McConaghey movie filming at an old school steak house there. As I drove through the detour I could see a church parking lot covered up with eighteen wheelers and various production vehicles. I couldn't help but chuckle, thinking about all the people from Cali who were about to experience some good old Suhthern thunderstorms. One woke me up at about 5 a.m., and they keep firing up and coming through. The whole area is under a tornado watch until 5 this afternoon.

Welcome to the Sunny South, y'all.

[​IMG]

Batman and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted