1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oakland A's headed to Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Apr 20, 2023.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The Orioles didn't opt into an extension with the state of Maryland earlier this year because they're working toward a "long-term agreement" — i.e lots of state money to make Camden Yards more fancy.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Between Manfred and the PGA leader, Gary Bettman's moving up with a bullet.

wicked likes this.
  4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Coors isn't going anywhere. Rockies have a lease through 2047.

Liut likes this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

When the Giants were in town last week, they made a fuss over the bar that was set up over some of the upper deck seats in the outfield.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

That's a fun area.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, it is. $3 Coors during batting practice. It's a great stadium.

Liut and micropolitan guy like this.
  8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Vince Vaughn better throw out the first pitch.
    [​IMG]

Batman likes this.
  9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Just another summer in the Northwoods League. Wonder if that game is against the Minot Hot Tots (new franchise in the league this year).

I've not heard any rumblings about Comerica Park, though Chris Ilitch has done so much heel shit to the Detroit fanbase I'd be shocked if he didn't start getting ideas. However, I think he's hamstrung by the fact that he hasn't delivered on a single one of the promises they made for development when they got Little Caesars Arena built. On the other hand, next year will be Comerica Park's 25th season and there is still a portion of the Tigers fanbase (and writers like Lynn Henning) who absolutely detest the place. A lot of that is simply because it is not Tiger Stadium, but they tried to zig when everyone else zagged and make a big park that helped pitchers and guys who hit to the gaps and they've moved the fences in at least twice already. Despite its "Comerica National Park" reputation, the stats say it plays more or less even. On the other hand, I know Tigers fans who got pissed after they decided about five years ago to finally do something about the fact that the Old English D on the cap and the Old English D on the breast of the home uniform were completely different.

maumann likes this.
  10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm old enough to remember when sports commissioners WERE seen AND ACTED as stewards of the game - Bowie Kuhn took a lot of crud but he did use the "best interests of the game" clause a few times in his tenure, Rozelle fought franchise moves, Stern actually grew the game and nixed trades - the current crop? Owner lackies one and all - though I do think Silver understands the NBA is a "players league."

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Colorado decreased capacity adding that beer garden.
    Cleveland has whacked about 10,000 seats from a stadium that you couldn’t get a ticket to when that team was hot back in the 90s.
    Now we have Oakland moving to a 30,000 seat stadium.
    Absolutely no one goes to any of the Florida teams’ games.
    This game ain’t growing, folks.

Draft saved Draft deleted