1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

That's cuz some PAC or defense fund probably wrote the check. DT didn't.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the retainer is refundable, not a non-refundable retainer. In CA it would be pretty close to illegal, if not an ethical violation to demand a non-refundable retainer (although I've never asked for a non-refundable one).

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I could listen to Jasmine Crockett talk all day.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Fantastic! We need more Crocketts!!! (not Sonny Crockett either)

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Most of Twitchy's counsel must be going in as pro bono workers for the cult cause, because they ain't getting paid.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Nah, most of ‘em don’t want to go back further than 1896, although a few will still insist on 1857.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

I like them well enough (at least the classic drier, crisper IPAs like Stone, Bell's Two-Hearted, etc.), but I'm sick of them and lately I've been gravitating toward lagers again (I do like Belgian ales and English pale ales a lot, but the selection available in the U.S. seems to have plummeted since the pandemic. I can't find Fuller's ESB anywhere). Not a huge fan of the New England IPAs that taste/smell like a melange of orange juice, armpit and vagina (I got no problem with vagina, believe me, I just don't want to drink it in my beer) that have completely taken over taken over the market and drowned out everything else. And I live in New England. In small doses, I do like what Tree House, Trillium and Exhibit A put out (though Heady Topper -- which everyone raves about -- is a total drain pour). But everywhere I go it's all NEIPA all the time. And it's a lot tougher to make a good clear, crisp, clean lager than an IPA, where you can just dump a bunch of hops in the tank and hide a lot of sloppy imperfections. Kudos to those still doing that.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

You, sir, are apparently gay.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

"Why isn't the reverse cowgirl popular in Kentucky?"

"In Kentucky we never turn our back on family."

Draft saved Draft deleted