1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Just started "1883." I looked up the pretty, young blonde girl -- Elsa Dutton. Never would have linked her to Veronica on "Young Shelton," the one who Georgie was lusting over and got baptized with her. Isabel May is her name.

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Seacrest in?

Ryan Seacrest Reportedly in Talks to Replace Pat Sajak on 'Wheel of Fortune' (aol.com)

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Honestly, I almost think Seacrest starts flopping around like a fish out of water if he isn't on a TV screen for at least an hour a week.

4. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

On the screen lately is Skin Wars. I love RuPaul and am happy to see artists in other genres move outside of their comfort zones media wise. Many of these artists have been featured on others shows (Art 21, Craft in America, various Food Network and Discover joints...) Problem is, a lot of what is being produced falls into hot mess territory. This is what it looks like when it works:

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I watched the first episode of The Idol. It's hard to take one's eyes off Lily-Rose Depp. And The Weeknd can act some. Azaria, Jane Adams as good as you'd expect them to be.

And still ... a little unnerved by the foray toward S&M late in the ep.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

"Slap Shot" now on Netflix. Uncensored.

garrow and ChrisLong like this.
  7. DanOregon

8. DanOregon

Always enjoyed Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan books, the series on Amazon does them justice.

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I can’t recall if anyone has mentioned Platonic on Apple TV. It stars Seth Rogan and Rose Byrne as college friends who have reconnected in their 40s. It’s not groundbreaking or deep, but it’s good for some good laughs each episode.

jr/shotglass and garrow like this.
  10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Jury Duty on Prime is hilarious even though they stole a Sarah Silverman joke.

11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I thought it became a little clownish and simplistic.

It's not like Clancy wasn't simplistic in his later books.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I've been watching it with my wife and daughter and we have been enjoying the show through the first four episodes. It's a big step down from Shrinking, but still funny. I can only take so much Seth Rogan, so I'm not sure how I will feel by the time we are done with it.

Draft saved Draft deleted