1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Oh, great, another 12 years of hearing about the fuckup known as Hunter Biden — the one for whom I didn't vote and the one who has been MIA since his father was inaugurated.

garrow, HanSenSE and Tarheel316 like this.
  2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

This is a good thing. Hunter Biden isn’t above the law, nor should he be. That’s how it’s supposed to work.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Of course.

But isn't it interesting which drum the press beats . . . and which it ignores.

Also, Alma is the one who introduced the IF . . . whatabout Trump kids.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2023
    Regan MacNeil likes this.
  4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Good for Hunter Biden getting his comeuppance.

Conversative media (and probably some MSM, claiming "both sides!") will be taking a victory marathon over this and their erections won't subside until 2028.

Azrael likes this.
  5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

As a strategic matter, I think copping to a couple of lesser charges is a smart play - insofar as it closes out current investigations, and cauterizes against futures one.

garrow and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yes, I did. If Eric or The Beard had crack pipes hanging out of their mouths and was carrying around a gun, their crimes would somehow be tied to a Russian gangster oligarch right out of John Wick casting and a meeting in Prague.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Is your contention that Hunter Biden hasn’t received enough public opprobrium? Because I have a whole universe of cable channels and websites for you to discover if so.

garrow and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

In one way, yes. But it also sort of cuts off at the knees the "You only prosecute Republicans!" argument.

I suspect it will be spun into a "Well, you sacrificed this son of the REAL criminal just so you could claim to be fair and playing both sides when you were UNFAIRLY INDICTING Trump!"

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

whataboutwhatboutwhatabout

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Republicans are probably having an awkward celebration - hurray - he's guilty - but also not paying taxes and possession of a gun are like two of the most Republican crimes in the book.

"Maybe he's one of us?"

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

In the sense that, when the laptop news broke and 50 intelligence officers or whatever called it Russian disinformation and some news media dismissed it for some time? No, I guess not. A lot of things about Biden's family got the eh, well, not Trump treatment. That's how bad of a guy Trump is (and he is) - that, for a good chunk of time, Biden's skeletons/weaknesses were just ignored.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Stay thirsty, Alma

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted