1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 college baseball/softball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Mar 3, 2023.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

LSU.

Sharpie.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This is probably the last year for the Jell-O shot thing to be fun. Last year started the trend of big boosters buying in bulk to game the totals. What percentage of shots sold can even be reasonably consumed without violating dram shop laws?

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Me, I'm looking at that "Merle Haggard bought 5,095 shots for the house at Billy Bob's" in awe. $20k? $25k?

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

Damn. Out of my league.

6. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

At Ash's Cocktails (RIP) in Waco, Texas, a guy I went to high school with bought a round for everyone in the place one night, about 10 of us total. I thought that was pretty generous.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I was in my regular bar on Friday during the early part of happy hour. Only three people at the bar (myself, my buddy and another regular). I joked that if there was ever the time to buy the bar a round, that was it. Ha.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I was out one night with some AT&T co-workers and we thought we were wrapping up. Then one of the upper level managers came by and decided a couple of rounds of Vegas bombs was an appropriate use of the corporate card. That was a fun evening.

9. Neutral Corner

Went to lunch at a good Chinese restaurant on my lunch break. Ordered my lunch, and after it was placed the waitress told me that a guy in the booth over there was buying lunch for everyone in the place. He was a trial lawyer who had just won a multi-million dollar settlement.

10. Neutral Corner

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That's nothing.
    I once heard of a guy who spent a quarter million bucks to take a death ride on a submarine.

Neutral Corner and dixiehack like this.
  12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Saw another tweet about this earlier saying he was sure the guy had an original recipe Four Loko before hitting the mound. IYKYK.

Draft saved Draft deleted