1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oakland A's headed to Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Apr 20, 2023.

1. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

The Seahawks already had office space in Los Angeles before a court battle ended that 1996 quasi move.

Liut and wicked like this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I remember seeing somewhere that the Dodgers kept a small office in Brooklyn for a year or two in case their move to LA was a failure. They also kept a few groundskeepers to maintain Ebbets Field as high schools and colleges were still playing there until the stadium was demolished in 1960.

3. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

They were situated out at old Rams Park for a brief time. I believe that property is now owned by a school district.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The Rams kept an LA office the entire time they were in St. Louis.

Baron Scicluna and Liut like this.
  5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

That's where John Shaw was most of the time.

wicked and Octave like this.
  6. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

In St. Louis, arrival of the Blues played a significant factor in Ben Kerner selling the Hawks.

7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Eric Dickerson A Football Life, John Shaw uncomfortably denies that the notoriously cheap club gave Dickerson a carrot cake for breaking O.J. Simpson's single-season rushing record. Dickerson has a nut allergy. That's how the Rams were run in both cities.

Liut likes this.
  8. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Yeah, Shaw struck me as a slimeball. Screwed over a colleague on the Rams (STL) radio network, so I might be a bit biased.

Octave likes this.
  9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

He had a plum job with the franchise for 30 years and kept it despite a decade of losing, and reputation for screwing people over. Came up as a VP of finance.

Liut likes this.
  10. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

The Rams office was on West Pico Blvd. in West L.A., across the street from Rancho Park Golf Course.

Liut likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

A's fan planning another protest night on Tuesday night at Oracle Park for the opener of the Bay Bridge Series. The're asking Giants fans to join in and will even be giving away "Sell" T-shirts in orange and black.

dixiehack likes this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

justgladtobehere likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted