1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A new exhibit joins the Titanic

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 19, 2023.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It’s billionaires. We can’t relate to them. At all. They have fuck you money. Most of us do our best, eek out a comfortable living, but they could change most of our lives with one check and have that money back in a month. Not saying they owe us anything and it’s their right to have that money but instead of doing something that could change entire communities, they went in a rickety sub. The entrance fee could pay off most of my mortgage and they chose to visit the Titanic and got stuck. Meanwhile a boat full of refugees sank. A tragedy is the loss of life for those risking it because they have nothing left to lose. A guilty snicker for those who had everything and risked their lives in a shitty sub. I don’t know. After all the breaks rich people get, I can be forgiven for not shedding a tear for a predictable outcome.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2023
  2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

41 people were killed four days ago after an attack on a Ugandan school.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 22, 2023
  4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

The submersible situation is not a tragedy. It is a stupidy.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Game controller? Young people have no idea ...

[​IMG]

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

In one of those earlier feature clips, one of the passengers was just a Titanic-obsessed woman who said she "saved for years" to do it.

It's $250K. Not a trifle, but you don't need a billion to do it. And I suspect many passengers are comfortable but not necessarily billionaires. Heck, one of the passengers on this voyage is a 19-year-old son of a rich guy.

Pay for it out of our military budget. It exists to save lives, no?

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Who gets the movie rights?

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

We've pretty much established for 15 pages that nobody likes these people. I don't want to pay money to go see unlikeable people die an extremely uncomfortable death.

My studio is passing on the rights.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Nah, these are people who use a quarter million dollars (after taxes) as fuck you money, and they spend it on a deep see pig in a poke made out of bailing wire and duct tape. The billionaire and his son are heirs to one of the largest Pakistani fortunes. So both father and son were born on third base, and they chose to get sealed in a makeshift sub to go 2 miles under. There isn't a sympathetic lot in the bunch.

Draft saved Draft deleted