1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

All news stories dealing with this fucker should begin with a blanket assertion and declaration that everything he says or utters must be presumed bullshit. It shouldn't even be taken as a reasonable possibility of being true.

Of course that's pretty much true of Big Daddy Fatfuck as well.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They didn’t have to put up a single dime. They personally guaranteed he’d show up in court. If he didn’t, then they would be on the hook for $500K.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Why is the value of their word worth $500K? Is that really how the federal bail system works?

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

In this case, at least, it appears so. I’m guessing it would be different for a murder suspect.

8. Neutral Corner

At that amount of money, I'd expect there to be a property bond, but yes, that's how signing for someone's bail works. If it's a signature bond you take responsibility for paying that amount if they don't show up for court. If it's a property bond, you put your house or land up as collateral which can be taken or sold to provide the money.

maumann likes this.
  9. Regan MacNeil

Right. I get it if they put up their houses, especially with today's insane property values.

But the whole "word" thing is what's throwing me off.

10. Neutral Corner

Here's why the R's hate Adam Schiff so much.

11. Neutral Corner

You are essentially signing a contract with the court to be good for the money. Add that the Court is not like a bank or finance company that calls and pesters you for money. They can garnish your wages, confiscate and sell your property, or take your bank account by court order.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2023
  12. Regan MacNeil

So then they're believed to have a combined $500K in assets? Good enough for me. I'm not gonna question family bailing out a deadbeat relative. Happens every day.

Draft saved Draft deleted