1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The Dodgers have been wearing white pants with the blue jerseys this season so they’re not quite as bad.

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Mariners got a much needed 10 runs from their offense — about five games' worth of runs in one night.

And the Yankees got a cool footnote, as Isiah Kiner-Falefa came in to pitch the ninth inning (striking out Suarez, of course), then hit a two-run homer in the bottom of the inning for New York's only runs of the night.

It was the first home run hit by a Yankees pitcher since 1972, the year before the DH rule.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Did Saint Anthony Volpe of Hackensack perform any miracles tonight?

4. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

The green pants mess it up for the Rockies. However, they started working in white pants with the green tops, and that is a nice look. Even the purple pant stripe matches the sleeve stripe on the green City Connect jerseys. It’s about the only thing working for the Rockies this year.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

A little more than a year ago, Buster Olney et al were telling us that the Reds and the Orioles were a disgrace to baseball and should never be forgiven for their tanking.
    Funny how that has worked out.
    Reds have won 11 straight. Orioles are in second in the AL East.
    Meanwhile the Washington National League Baseball Club LLC is on pace to lose 100 games again and produce the worst record in MLB history in a four-year span immediately following a World Series triumph. But because they're one of the Favored Few, they don't seem to take much heat for their ineptitude. It gets dismissed and forgotten rather than pilloried as a moral and ethical abomination.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Buster Olney called a pair of teams a disgrace to baseball? I’d love to see that clip.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Our Shortstop, who art in Heaven …

Liut likes this.
  8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Even the Reds can’t believe this is happening.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Oakland back on track. Followed their seven-game winning streak with an eight-game losing streak. Preceded it with a five-game losing streak.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Wait, the guy who turns all of sports fandom into a purity test and thinks I’m a slobbering bigot because I dare live in the state of my birth and cheer for the school I attended doesn’t remember why the Reds were getting sandblasted in the press last year?

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sp...-phil-castellini-warns-angry-fans/7291445001/

The failson of Banana Bob doesn’t even get to gloat and say told you so because even he predicted another bad year

It is extra delicious that the Reds being good also means Phil Castellini is wrong

No I am not pronouncing everything all better after a two-week hot streak to build a 1.5 game lead in a putrid division in June.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Just one more quick note on the City Connect unis.

As much as "TC" on the Minnesota hat always confounded me, San Francisco's team should not be recognized by a single "G."

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

TC = Twin Cities. You had to know that, right? On their caps from the very start, to represent Minneapolis and St. Paul. Or Golden Valley and Anoka, I forget which.

UPChip and FileNotFound like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted