1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

I felt something was up when they started hawking his daughter on the show. Maybe she's poised to take his place, or at least get the trial, but I really think she's in the front running to replace Vanna. Once I found out he was, or still is, on the board of Hillsdale college, I feel dirty watching the show.

Lt.Drebin likes this.
  2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Watched "Based on a True Story" on Peacock. If you like Kaley Cuoco, you'll probably like it. Has the same sort of feel as her "Flight Attendant" show, her character right on the edge of mania much of the time.

Pretty good "who done it" and pretty funny. My biggest issue with it is that it ends on a cliffhanger and the new season isn't until mid-2025. Which seems way too long for a resolution on something like this.

garrow, sgreenwell and jr/shotglass like this.
  4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Does anyone have some insight into the writers strike? I haven't heard anything about progress.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

We're into the fourth episode, and it's very odd tonally, but interesting. This seems to be a hallmark of Peacock shows, which are all just a bit "off" from the usual network TV dynamic.

Deskgrunt50, garrow and jr/shotglass like this.
  6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

How does Joe Kernen keep a job? He can't speak for 10 seconds without stumbling over his words. Questions from him are 30 second, Trumpist infused rambles that are lucky to make a point.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Watched S02E01 of The Bear last night. As good as ever. And I love that Abby Elliott appears to be playing more of a major role this season.

Deskgrunt50 and sgreenwell like this.
  8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Psyched to binge this one soon. And yeah, Elliott felt like she was a "we have her for 2 days" kind of character last season.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I almost think whatever caused Yellowstone to implode is probably more interesting than whatever happens in the final season. I have to think the "endgame" of the show was that the ranch would be "returned" to the Native Americans (as it was implied in 1883) - whether that is through the kid or whatever. Also thought the local tribe should have received more play in recent seasons. Its too bad ego, Sheridan's rapidly expanding empire or whatever is killing the show.

10. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I am a couple of episodes in. The lead is really good, she was in Rake. Her wife and the other detective are both a little hammy for me.

I’ll stick with it. Only 6 episodes.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I thought I read that they had originally made her role and Oliver Platt’s role more central to the season 1 plot but decided to downplay those storylines.

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

My wife just started binging The Flash from the WB. I know it's an older show, but it's pretty interesting.

I'm not really into superheroes, but I find it interesting that there is a Stark Labs in Marvel and the STAR Lab in the DC universe.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted