1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 college baseball/softball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Mar 3, 2023.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Ty F'n Floyd!

Jesus_Muscatel likes this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Seventeen strikeouts in eight innings from your No. 2 starter. Not bad.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That’s a great performance.

4. dixiehack

The left fielder they said LSU was trying to protect because he was a little gimpy just made an out of nowhere catch to send it to the 11th.

5. dixiehack

Guessing 40k by midnight if this lead holds. They’ve sold almost as many LSU shots today as second-place Wake has for the tournament.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Is it just me or do SEC baseball teams think conditioning is something you do to your hair?

7. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

The folks of Omaha are HUGE LSU fans because no one travels to Omaha like the Cajuns.

Anyone who watched last night's game must have felt like it was being played in Baton Rouge, because the crowd was 90 percent purple and gold. A much better atmosphere than if Wake had made it.

Hated the outcome, but another fantastic game in this CWS.

Batman likes this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Then you have to move the CF fence in to 400 from the current 408.

9. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Wood bats are not an option, due to cost and supply issues.
    The current aluminum bat standards come very close to mirroring wood bats when it comes to ball exit velocity. They are tested before every series to discourage cheating.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

There was an old joke from back in the days when LSU went to the CWS almost every year.

An LSU fan was in the grocery store in Omaha during the College World Series to get some tailgating supplies. She goes through the line at the register and pays with a check, and heads out.
    A Florida fan was behind her in line and the clerk rings her up. The Florida fan starts to pull her checkbook out of her purse and the clerk says, "I'm sorry ma'am, but you have to pay by cash or credit card only."
    The Florida fan is angry and bewildered. "But you let the person in front of me pay with a check! Why can't I?" she said.
    The clerk answered back, "Well, she was from LSU. We know she'll be back next year."

SixToe, 2muchcoffeeman and HanSenSE like this.
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

All right, Florida, you've proved your point. Ye gods.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Most lopsided game in the championship stage of the CWS (either the one-off title game or the best-of-three format). Previous record appears to have been set in the first game in CWS history, when Cal beat Yale 17-4 in 1947. In that year, the CWS consisted of just those two teams in a best-of-three deal.
    It took too long and I lost patience, but teams not eliminated by losses of ≥ 10 runs seem to have fared reasonably well in their next game. Maybe because they made the wise decision to abandon ship midway through the blowout and save their real pitchers for the next game.

Batman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted