1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The same as "drumming" up the Titanic submersible story to detract, I suppose.

There were people in 2001 who said 9/11 was a false flag operation to detract from the Gary Condit scandal.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

UPChip, Hermes, swingline and 2 others like this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

• Nine out of 10 American Protestants are a denomination other than Southern Baptist (or none at all.) No single university could possibly represent all these denominations.
    • Less than a fifth of Southern Baptists are from Texas. Many others aren’t even aware of the “largest Baptist university in the world.”
    • Many Southern Baptists both inside of Texas and out are devoted fans of their state university of choice.
    • A surprising (and depressing) number of Southern Baptists consider Baylor and many of its sister schools too liberal.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Southern Baptists:
    No drinking
    No smoking
    No gambling
    No cards
    No dancing
    No premarital sex

Me:
    No thank you.

sgreenwell, Woody Long and Driftwood like this.
  6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Mormons with an accent. Except Mormons are much better at following those rules. Plus the underwear rocks.

OscarMadison, Driftwood and HanSenSE like this.
  7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the sequel, "Uninformed."

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Lara Logan, I assume, dealt with a great deal of trauma. That affects how I view her “transition.” Maybe there’s some unresolved stuff there. Maybe not. I don’t envy the life she’s lived post-Cairo.

Now Maria B has not been dragged through the mud publicly. She’s taken her heel turn because she sees dollar signs. Good for her. Kari Lake is just another grifter who’s also dealing with a touch of mental health challenges.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

LOL....and yet infuriating that dingus has power

matt_garth likes this.
  11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Beyond redemption. Someone should roll Abbott into traffic.

12. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

Rant: Stay with me here... I noticed several years ago several of my acquaintances daughter's "needing" acceptance to southern schools. I didn't understand it or the appeal. Northern girls wanting their first pick to Southern schools? En Masse? Well, HBO has a kind of sort of exposed why. BAMA RUSH. Tiktok. IMO "rush " is ALL about looks, make-up, hair and "feminimity". You can BELONG here, if you're cool enough. Pretty enough and toe the line. I think all these "influencer" girls have found a home in mostly, Bama, and lesser southern 'BAMA' sororities. Fake pretty, fake christian, fake southern. There's one girl from Illinois, who dropped from the HBO program, but now starts all of her vlog post "Hey, y'all"..."x". I'm just, irrationally irritated at the fakeness of everybody, everywhere, all at once.

My Dad's Wake Forest (1952), my Mom, Meredith (c. 1953). This fake "southerness" in light of everything current is just gross. Rant over.

Draft saved Draft deleted