1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

God getting old sucks. You’re right.

I thought of Mel Allen because of a related phenomenon. Alabama got to be popular for Northerners because it was accepting of Jewish students and culture when many schools up north were not. The Zeta Beta Tau chapter dates back to 1916. So in the pre-television era, there was an informal pipeline from the northeast down to Tuscaloosa.

OscarMadison, Woody Long and garrow like this.
  2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Paul Finebaum

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

What the hell does a "rush consultant" do?

Get off my lawn.

I don't know if it's still the case, but Penn State sororities had floors in the dorms because it was against State College borough regulations to have a large number of unrelated women living together in one house.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Liut likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I doubt it. At his age, it's more likely that he's been diagnosed with low testosterone and put on testosterone replacement therapy. That is, injections of testosterone to raise the levels.

Most of the boosters you see advertised are of dubious efficiency.

2muchcoffeeman and Liut like this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How many generations need to be born in the USA to get birthright citizenship? Asking for most of us.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Wonder what Calgary Ted Cruz thinks of DeathSentence's proposal.

garrow likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

As another commenter puts it with regard to Trump and DeSantis wanting to end birthright citizenship - it would take a constitutional amendment passing. Good luck with that in today's political climate. If a President could do it by decree, Biden might have a thought or two about the Second Amendment.

HanSenSE and Driftwood like this.
  9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The morons the rhetoric appeals to, don't understand that the only way what he is saying happens would be with a constitutional amendment that 3/4 of the state legislatures ratify.

All 8 of Ron DeSantis' great grandparents wouldn't have been able to immigrate to the U.S. if someone like him had had their way in the early 1900s. I remember reading about a genealogist who traced his lineage, and he had a great grandparent who came to the U.S. while pregnant, meaning that one of his grandparents became a birthright citizen, setting in motion the chain reaction that led to him being able to run for president. Shame on him.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2023
    Webster, 2muchcoffeeman and Driftwood like this.
  10. Neutral Corner

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

So not only should he not be president, he can't be in the Olympics either.

Neutral Corner, garrow and Liut like this.
  12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted