1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 college baseball/softball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Mar 3, 2023.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Hard to believe every LSU fan was freaking out about their pitching heading into the NCAA tournament.

2. bueller

bueller Member

I hope you placed a bet.

Matt1735, Batman and dixiehack like this.
  3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

it’s not worth it but it feels like a pitching change with 2 outs in the ninth to let him get the last out

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Bear in mind there was at least one extended stretch this weekend when Rocco’s was out of ingredients.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If it's his day to throw a bullpen, I could see them bringing him in for the ninth inning as an honor kind of thing. Doesn't mean they should, but if he's supposed to throw 20 or 25 pitches anyway as part of his routine then it's not out of the ordinary.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Not on this game specifically, but I do have a small futures bet on LSU that I laid down at the start of the tournament.

bueller likes this.
  7. dixiehack

As someone who was sitting in the stands when Tyrone Prothro’s career path switched from NFL wideout to Regions Bank teller, that just feels like a terrible plan.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I get it. I just hate the mindset that as soon as an athlete shows extremely elite potential to be a top draft pick they should shut it down and immediately be wrapped in bubble wrap until the draft.
    If that's the mindset, why not follow in the proud LSU tradition of Leonard Fournette and Ja'Marr Chase and shut it down after May 1?

9. dixiehack

If it was 11-9, I say throw him. Here? Let your regular pen guys have a thrill. Same reason you took the bat out of his hands despite him having decent pop at Air Force.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Guidry is up now, so it looks like they are. Cooper pitched the seventh, Guidry gets the eighth, Skenes gets the ninth.
    They used all of the spare parts yesterday.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2023
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Skenes looks like Curly Bill with that mustache.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Spikes off.
    Good sense prevails.

Draft saved Draft deleted